Email all submissions to LehmanLitMag@gmail.com
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 21st, 2014
Obscura accepts work from currently enrolled students and alumni of Lehman College ONLY. We accept poetry,
short stories, short plays, essays, and other creative writing. We also accept photography, prints, drawing, and
photographic representation of other art work, such as paintings or sculptures. However, we do not accept op-ed
pieces, current news stories, or other journalistic work.
Format for all Submissions
• Include a cover letter in business letter format addressed to:
Department of English
250 Bedford Park Blvd. West
Bronx, NY 10468
• Must include a brief description of the work, a one to two sentence bio, and contact information (name,
email address, phone number)
• For each manuscript submitted, the title should be on the first page in the upper left corner (the author’s
information should be on the cover letter only).
• For all subsequent pages, title should be in the header or footer.
• All pages must be numbered.
• Format: Typed; double-spaced; 1-inch margins; 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font
• Length: maximum 5,000 words
• Content: open; must be original and unpublished
• Format: Typed; single-spaced; 1-inch margins; 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font
• Length: maximum 5 poems per submission
• Content: open, must be original and unpublished
• All graphic material must be black and white or grayscale
• Should be scanned or saved at a resolution of 300 dpi.
• If artwork does not belong to you it is your responsibility to obtain permission from the rightful owner(s).
• All work must be original and unpublished.
*All work must be original and may not be previously published. By submitting your work, you are agreeing to
these terms and are legally responsible for any misrepresentation on your part.