Welcome back beauties! Today we will continue our look into the cruelty-free options in makeup. Last time we went over the more expensive makeup, the high-end makeup. Today we will look at more affordable makeup that is cruelty-free. Unfortunately, I will not be able to name all cruelty-free makeup brands because it is a huge list that continues to grow each day. In addition, I will also be mentioning products I have personally tried in order to give a more detailed review.
As a refresher of last weeks post, cruelty-free is a label used in products and activities that do not harm or kill animals. Makeup companies that test their products on animals are not included. Makeup testing on animals can be very harmful/painful to animals and cause the death of millions of animals every year. There are various companies that might say they do not harm animals but they might still test their products on animals, therefore it’s important to know which products are actually cruelty-free. We are able to know which products are on sale based on the logo on the product. This logo is shown below.
This is a makeup brand that have some great products and some not so great products. Their prices range from $1 upwards depending where it is being sold. Although some of their makeup is not up to standards with high end makeup it is a great brand for those that want to stay on a budget or are starting to experiment with makeup. They also have some great affordable brushes, be advised not all their brushes are cruelty-free since some are made of natural animal hair. Some of their most popular makeup products are:
- Baked Highlighter ($4). This is a cute little highlighter that comes in various shades such as Moonlight Pearls, Blush Gems, Apricot Glow, Pink Diamonds. This is a highlighter that gives off a great shine and the price is amazing for that color payoff. Pro tip: scrape the top of the highlighter and then go nuts.
- Eyeshadow Palettes ($10). These makeup palettes are quite amazing for the price. Some of their palettes are Rose Gold, and Mad for Matte. The colors are amazing and they can be used to create the most amazing looks.
- Clear Brow and Lash Mascara ($2). This is one of my favorite gels to set my eyebrows, I recently just purchased a new one and with this price who wouldn’t? This is a gel that can be used on brows and lashes since it is double sided and brings a little spoolie (brow and mascara brush). The gel is a clear color that helps your brow hairs stay in place, the other side is a clear mascara that helps you get a natural lift to your lashes.
This is a makeup brand that focuses on makeup for those with sensitive skin, it is “hypoallergenic” making it mostly paraben-free. Some of their do contain some products that might cause an allergic reaction so please always check their ingredient lists before purchasing. I have personally tried many of their products as it is very nice on my skin. They have recently expanded their collection to include liquid lipsticks, foundation, and serums. Some of their most popular products include:
- Healthy Lip Velvet Liquid Lipstick ($8). This is a long-wearing velvety texture lipsticks. The colors are amazing and offers 13 great selections from nude to bold colors. Their ingredients include Avocado Oil, Vitamins A & E, Hyaluronic Acid, and Anti-aging Peptides. This is a wonderful formulate that does not dry out your lips and actually hydrates and moisturizes your lips.
- The Healthy Foundation SPF 20 ($15). This is their new foundation, it is a long-wearing, breathable, and comes in 15 shades. It is a quite sheer foundation but can be buildable, it also offers a healthy satin finish. Some of their key ingredients are Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin A, C & E, Brightening Complex (Chinese Wu-Zhu-Yu Extract). It also has an SPF 20 which is very important to keeping your skin healthy and protects it from harmful sun rays. This is a great foundation for a subtle cover, it does not build to a full coverage so this is a foundation for a more natural everyday look. It also does not dry you out and actually feels quite light on the face.
- Butter Highlighter ($11). This is a long-wearing, cream-to-powder formula that has a unique soft texture. It leaves a gorgeous highlighted finish to the skin that can be natural but it can be buildable to a more opaque tone. They offer five different colors for all skin tones and is a beautiful highlight for anyone. My favorite color is Champagne which is an amazing gold tone highlighter that makes me feel glamorous.
- Butter Bronzer ($15). One of their most famous products is their bronzer. This bronzer comes in an incredibly creamy and soft formula, it combines the best of a powder and cream bronzer for your daily needs. It is also infused with a blend of Murumuru Butter, Cupuacu Butter and Tucuma Butter that come from the Amazon. All of these butters come together to make a soft bronzer that gives a natural sun kissed look to your skin. The bronzer also smells wonderfully, it’s like paradise in a dish! I love this bronzer and it can be quite sheer but it is buildable. Unfortunately it only comes in four shades which make it hard for darker skin tones.
Wet n Wild
This is a makeup brand that is very widely available in many drugstores. Their prices are also quite inexpensive with great products. Some of their products might not be as great but many are wonderful additions to any makeup collection. Their makeup offers a great variety of colors and products. Their shade range in their makeup is also a little wider than regularly seen at drugtores. Some of their most popular products are:
- Eyeshadow palettes ($5). For this price these eyeshadows are amazing! The company has redesigned their palettes. There are many nude and colorful palettes which can be used to create amazing eye looks. These palettes have 10 shadows, the colors are opaque and vibrant. They also have single-pan eyeshadows and four-pan eyeshadows. I really love their colors and their payoff and with that price it is quite unbeatable.
- MegaGlo Highlighting Powder ($5). This is a highlight that can be seen for miles! Now this company is famous for their affordable highlights. Their highlighters come in a wide selection of colors for pale and dark skin tones, for the price you also get a huge amount of product that can last for months. Each new launch of makeup brings new wonderful colors to their collection giving us many more options to choose from. Their highlight is wonderful and I love the color payoff for their price.
This makeup brand offers highly pigmented products in bold and natural shades. Their prices are also quite affordable and give many different wonderful products. Their shade ranges are also quite inclusive for pale and dark skin tones. They have a lot of favorites in their products so I will only mention some of the very best and most affordable. These products are as follows:
- Slim Lip Pencil ($4). These lip liners glide on smoothly and accurately. For this low price it has a great payoff and helps you keep your lipstick in place. Their shade range is also wonderful! There are a lot of bold and neutral colors to choose from. It also comes with a lot of product which helps it to last longer as well. The pencils also come in different finishes like matte, and metallic.
- Jumbo Eye Pencil ($3-5). These are eyeliners that can also be used as an eyeshadow. They come in amazing colors that range from neutral colors to bold ones. They are great for adding a pop of color to the inner part of your eye or as eyeshadow all over the lid. My favorite colors are Cobalt (dark blue with glitter), Pure Gold (Yellow-Gold), Strawberry Milk (Pearly Pink), and Rust (Rusted Red). Honestly I have all the color and they truly are amazing, they last a super long time, they never dry out, and there is a great amount of product in those pencils. They truly are amazing and opaque colors.
- Micro Brow Pencil ($10). These are a brow pencil that can help you build beautiful brows in no time. The pencil is smooth and helps you create the best eyebrows ever. I really like how thin the pencil itself is because it helps you be very precise with your brows. It also makes it easier to shape your eyebrows, it almost feels like you are wrtting on your face but it is a wonderful product.
There are many other great makeup companies that are cruelty-free at the drugstore, sadly not all can be mentioned. These are some of the brands that I personally adore and are also more readily available for all. These companies also have a lot of great products and although they are not mentioned I do encourage you all to look into these companies. I hope you have all found something interesting that you might try or have found something new. Thank you for your time. Until next week when we will be looking into my October Favorites.
A remember stay classy, never trashy, and a little bit sassy.